How to take care of your Satin Pillow Case
Congratulations on making the big switch to satin pillowcases! It may be hard to let go of the old, trusty ones that you’ve been using for a long time but we promise you, this could be one of the best decisions you’ve made!
Satin pillowcases are a luxurious and more comfortable alternative to cotton, linen, or flannel. You might think they need some extra TLC when it comes to washing them but they are actually as easy to maintain as your other pillowcases.
How to take care of Satin Pillowcases
- Turn it inside out. Use the lining to protect the pillowcase's satin portion.
- Use a gentle detergent and cool water. Satin fabric may get damaged if you use harsh chemicals and using hot water will damage the fabric and cause it to shrink.
- When washing in the machine, use the gentle cycle and put your pillowcase in a laundry bag to avoid tugging and prevent it from snags from the machine, hooks, zippers, etc. If you have the time, you might also want to consider handwashing.
- Wash with like fabrics. It will prevent your satin pillowcase from getting wrapped around heavy fabrics and getting out of shape.
- Never wring or twist your satin pillowcase.
- Drying your pillowcase on a drying rack away from direct heat sources and sunlight is the best option. If you're in a rush, tumble dry the pillowcase on the lowest heat setting and remove it while it's still somewhat damp and allow it to air dry.
- In case you want to iron your pillowcase, it should be done with the lowest temperature setting. To avoid burning, always use a pressing cloth or a clean, white cotton cloth between the iron and the silk.
- Store it by creating a soft fold or rolling the pillowcase to not weaken its fibers.
Knowing how to take good care of your satin pillowcases will make them last longer.
They really are worth the investment! Shop Bamblu Satin Pillowcase